Portland Trail Blazers
NBA TICKETS | NBA Playoffs | Monster Jam Tickets | NCAA Mens Basketball Tournament | WWE Wrestling Tickets |
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall | Newmark Theatre | Portland Memorial Coliseum | Rose Garden Arena |
The Trail Blazers are in the 2010 Playoffs. Don't miss your chance to see the Trail Blazers blaze their way to victory.
The Portland Trail Blazers are a professional basketball team based in Portland, Oregon. They play in the National Basketball Association (NBA). They are the only major league franchise in the state of Oregon.
2006 NBA Draft
The Blazers were by far the busiest team on the day of the 2006 NBA Draft, making numerous trades and landing four first-round picks; though two of them are not expected to join the team for the 2006-07 season. On draft day, the Blazers:
- Traded Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and the Blazers 2nd round pick in 2008 to the Boston Celtics for Raef LaFrentz, Dan Dickau, and the rights to the #7 pick in the draft (Randy Foye)
- Traded the rights to Foye, along with cash considerations, to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the rights to the #6 pick, Brandon Roy from University of Washington
- Drafted Tyrus Thomas at #4, and traded his rights, along with Viktor Khryapa to the Chicago Bulls for the rights to the #2 pick, LaMarcus Aldridge from Texas
- Acquired the rights to the #27 pick, Sergio Rodriguez, from the Portland Trail Blazers in exchange for cash.
- Drafted James White with the #31 pick; traded him to the Indiana Pacers for the rights to the #45 pick (Alexander Johnson from Florida) and two future 2nd-round picks
- Traded the rights to Johnson to the Memphis Grizzlies for a future second rounder.
- Drafted Joel Freeland with 30th pick